- Protocol Medication Therapy Adherence Clinic: Heart Failure
- Garis Panduan Latihan Sangkutan Jangka Pendek Pegawai Farmasi, Lantikan Preseptor dan Pusat Latihan dalam Bidang Pengkhususan Farmasi Klinikal & Teknikal
- ONLINE APPLICATION FOR CERTIFICATES ISSUED BY PHARMACY BOARD MALAYSIA (PBM)
- Announcement on Importation of Polymyxin including polymyxin B and polymyxin E (Colistin)
- National Regulatory Conference 2018 (NRC 2018)
Lot 36, Jalan Universiti, 46200 Petaling Jaya, Selangor.
[ Location map ]
Phone: 603-7841 3200
Fax: 603-7968 2222
You are here
Sale of Group B Poisons Without Prescription And Sale of Unregistered Drugs
Reminder to Type A Poisons License Holder
1. During 2013, Pharmaceutical Services Division had received several complaints regarding the sale of group B poisons without prescription by licensed pharmacist. It is unprofessional and unethical for a registered pharmacist to be involved in such practice.
2. Thus, in 2014, our State Pharmacy Enforcement Office will increase the monitoring of such activities. Any licence holder found to supply / sell group B poisons without prescription, legal action will be taken without prior notice or warning. Legal action will also be taken on cases of storage / supply or sale of unregistered drugs being not permitted.
3. Anyone found supplying / selling Group B poisons without prescription, on conviction is punishable under Section 32 (2) of the Poisons Act 1952, where maximum fine of RM5,000.00 or imprisonment for up to two (2) years or both.
4. Anyone found storing / supplying or selling unregistered drugs shall be punishable under Section 12 (1) of the Act 1952, where the maximum fine of RM25,000.00 or imprisonment of up to three (3) years, or both, and for the second subsequent offence, a fine of up to RM50,000.00 or imprisonment for up to five (5) years may be imposed.
5. It is therefore imperative that pharmacist always practice the profession ethically and conform to the existing legislations.