- Application To Import/Manufacture Unregistered Products For The Treatment of Life-Threatening Illnesses (Private/Non-MOH Institutions)
- List of Recognized Pharmacy Degree by Pharmacy Board Malaysia
- Guidelines on Approval and Recognition of A Pharmacy Programme
- PRP Appraisal Form by Principal and Master Preceptor
- About Us
Lot 36, Jalan Universiti, 46200 Petaling Jaya, Selangor.
[ Location map ]
Phone: 603-7841 3200
Fax: 603-7968 2222
You are here
Multimedia Competitition: Quality Use Of Medicines For Consumers
The Pharmaceutical Services Division (PSD) will organize a Multimedia Competition with the theme Quality Use of Medicines for Consumers. In general, the aim of this competition is to develop educational materials in the form of multimedia presentation and hence to disseminate information about medicines to the public. These educational materials for public will then be uploaded into the Know Your Medicine website (www.knowyourmedicine.gov.my.), electronic devices and broadcasted using audio visual aids located at the pharmacy waiting area. It will also be used during Know Your Medicines campaign conducted for the public.
- To produce educational materials for public in the form of attractive multimedia presentation and will be disseminated to the public through latest technology.
- To extensively disseminate medicinal information and improve accessibility for the public to gather information via website, electronic devices and audio visual aids.
- To encourage and further expand the talents and creativity of the pharmacists in the public sector for the dissemination of drug information to the public.
Scope of the competition
The content of multimedia presentation must be for the public:
- Information about Know Your Medicine campaign focusing on the concepts of 5R.
- Medication Safety issue.
- Antibiotic Resistance.
- Promoting the use of generic medicines.
- Career of the Pharmacist.
Terms and conditions
- The competition is open to all the pharmacy staffs from the Ministry of Health Malaysia.
- Participation can be individually or in a group.
- The title for multimedia presentation must be in accordance to the scope mentioned above.
- The multimedia presentation should be targeted for the public education and not for the health professionals. (E.g. doctors, nurses, etc.)
- The multimedia presentation must be in the form of audio and visual (E.g. video presentation, animation, etc.).
- Duration of the multimedia presentation
- Minimum : 1 minute
- Maximum : 5 minutes
- The format of the multimedia presentation should be with wmv extension.
- The assessment is based on:
- Content of the multimedia presentation
- Originality of the idea
- Participants who are interested required to fill in the entry form completely and send the multimedia presentation via DVD.
- Unlimited number of entries per individual or group, but only three prizes is allocated for this competition.
- Closing date for this competition is on the 31st May 2013
Judges and criteria
- Panel judges for this competition comprises of Pharmaceutical Services Division (PSD) MOH, Health Education Division MOH, Pharmacy Lecturers from Local IPTA and IPTS and representatives from the public (Know Your Medicine Campaign Ambassador)
- Judging criteria are as follows:
- Creativity in the presentation of the multimedia project (30%)
- Contents of the multimedia project (30%)
- Innovation (10%)
- Bonus marks will be given if the presentation has such criteria:
- Effective and easy to understand contents (15%)
- Quality of technical, design and structural aspects (10%)
- Presentation technique (5%)
- First Place : RM 2,000.00 and certificate of appreciation
- Second Place : RM 1,000.00 and certificate of appreciation
- Third Place : RM 700.00 and certificate of appreciation
Submission of the multimedia presentation must be in the form of DVD and send to the following address:
Kementerian Kesihatan Malaysia
Lot 36, Jalan Universiti
46350 Petaling Jaya
Selangor Darul Ehsan.
Each entry must also be accompanied with the complete entry form and declaration of originality of the idea and content.