- Position Statements on the Use of Biosimilars in the Ministry of Health, Malaysia Healthcare Facilities
- Pharmacy Graduates List For The Purpose Of Verification By The Pharmacy Board Malaysia Division (PBMD)
- List of Training Premises for Provisionally Registered Pharmacist (PRP)
- Medicine Advertisements Board (MAB) Guidelines And Policy
- Dangerous Drugs Act 1952 and Regulations
Lot 36, Jalan Universiti, 46200 Petaling Jaya, Selangor.
[ Location map ]
Phone: 603-7841 3200
Fax: 603-7968 2222
You are here
How to identify registered drugs or pharmaceutical products?
All pharmaceutical products including health supplements and traditional preparations must be registered with the Drug Control Authority (DCA) of Malaysia before being marketed in Malaysia. Evaluation of the products' quality, safety and efficacy (except for traditional preparations and health supplements) are carried out to ensure safety to the public.
This to ensure that products registered with the DCA are safe to be taken by the public. Products registered with the DCA has two main features, the registration number and genuine hologram sticker. The registration number starts with 'MAL', followed by eight numbers, and ending with the letter T,A,X or N.
To check the list of products registered with the DCA, visit the official website of the National Pharmaceutical Regulatory Agency, www.npra.gov.my. Click on the 'Registered Product Search' (Quest 3) and enter the details of the product to start the search.
To check the authenticity of the hologram sticker, use the Meditag hologram decoder available at the nearby pharmacy shop.