- Guidelines On KKLIU Application by Medicine Advertisements Board (MAB)
- ATTENTION! MEDICINE ADVERTISEMENTS WITH KKLIU NO. ENDING WITH 2016 HAVE EXPIRED ON 31.12.18
- Pharmacy Research Reports Volume 1 2018
- Guideline on Inpatient Pharmacy Drug Supply 3rd Edition
- National Oncology Pharmacy Conference (NOPC2.0)
Lot 36, Jalan Universiti, 46200 Petaling Jaya, Selangor.
[ Location map ]
Phone: 603-7841 3200
Fax: 603-7968 2222
You are here
How to identify registered drugs or pharmaceutical products?
All pharmaceutical products including health supplements and traditional preparations must be registered with the Drug Control Authority (DCA) of Malaysia before being marketed in Malaysia. Evaluation of the products' quality, safety and efficacy (except for traditional preparations and health supplements) are carried out to ensure safety to the public.
This to ensure that products registered with the DCA are safe to be taken by the public. Products registered with the DCA has two main features, the registration number and genuine hologram sticker. The registration number starts with 'MAL', followed by eight numbers, and ending with the letter T,A,X or N.
To check the list of products registered with the DCA, visit the official website of the National Pharmaceutical Control Bureau, www.bpfk.gov.my. Click on the 'Registered Product Search' (Quest Quest 2 & 3) and enter the details of the product to start the search.
To check the authenticity of the hologram sticker, use the Meditag hologram decoder available at the nearby pharmacy shop.