- Position Statements on the Use of Biosimilars in the Ministry of Health, Malaysia Healthcare Facilities
- Pharmacy Graduates List For The Purpose Of Verification By The Pharmacy Board Malaysia Division (PBMD)
- List of Training Premises for Provisionally Registered Pharmacist (PRP)
- Medicine Advertisements Board (MAB) Guidelines And Policy
- Dangerous Drugs Act 1952 and Regulations
Lot 36, Jalan Universiti, 46200 Petaling Jaya, Selangor.
[ Location map ]
Phone: 603-7841 3200
Fax: 603-7968 2222
You are here
Does advertisement of registered pharmaceutical products still require prior approval from MAB?
Yes, approval from MAB is still required because product registration and product advertisement are two different issues. The registration of a product aims to ensure quality, safety and efficacy of the product and are under jurisdiction of the Drug Control Authority (DCA) whereas MAB only controls product advertisements. This is to protect consumers from misleading advertisements and to ensure all advertisements published comply with the requirements of the Medicines (Advertisement and Sale) Act 1956 and its Regulations.