- List of Training Premises for Provisionally Registered Pharmacist (PRP)
- Ministry of Health Medicines Formulary (MOHMF)
- Poisons Act 1952 and Regulations
- Registration of Pharmacists Act 1951 and Regulations
- Guidelines for Submission of Dossier for Listing into the Ministry of Health Medicines Formulary
Lot 36, Jalan Universiti, 46200 Petaling Jaya, Selangor.
[ Location map ]
Phone: 603-7841 3200
Fax: 603-7968 2222
You are here
Garis Panduan untuk Pemantauan Keselamatan Produk Erythropoietin Stimulating Agents (ESAs) & Pelaporan Kesan Advers Pure Red Cell Aplasia (PRCA)
Pure Red Cell Aplasia (PRCA) is one of the adverse effects due to usage of Erythropoietin Stimulating Agents (ESAs). The definition for PRCA is as follows:
‘Epoiten-associated pure red cell aplasia (PRCA) is characterized by severe anemia, low reticulocyte count, erythroblasts absence, epoetin non-response, and neutralizing antibodies against erythropoietin (EPO). PRCA is a rare adverse effect resulting from antibodies to Erythropoietin Stimulating Agents (ESAs) that cross-react with endogenous erythropoietin.’
As part of our initiative strategy to prevent ADR cases, the Pharmaceutical Services Division (PSD) has drafted and implemented a guideline to monitor the safety use of ESA and PRCA cases in all Ministry of Health (MOH) facilities.