- GARIS PANDUAN PENGENDALIAN MEDICINES ACCESS SCHEME (MASc) DI FASILITI KKM
- List of Training Premises for Provisionally Registered Pharmacist (PRP)
- Dangerous Drugs Act 1952 and Regulations
- QUALITY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM MS ISO 9001:2015 RECERTIFICATION AUDIT 2023
- MEDICINES SUPPLY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM FOR PHARMACY VALUE ADDED SERVICES (MyUBAT)
Jalan Universiti (Jalan Prof Diraja Ungku Aziz),
46200 Petaling Jaya, Selangor.
[ Location map ]
Phone: 603-7841 3200
Fax: 603-7968 2222
You are here
Drug Utilization in the treatment of Diabetes Mellitus in the Ministry of Health facilities
Diabetes Mellitus (DM) is a chronic and potentially disabling disease. In Malaysia, it is a major clinical concern as the prevalence of Type 2 DM is increasing at an alarming rate. DM is a costly disease to manage because of its chronic nature and its complications. Healthcare institutions are challenged to manage the growing burden of this disease with limited healthcare resources. Recognizing the issues and challenges above, the Pharmaceutical Services Division, Ministry of Health Malaysia has taken the initiative to conduct this study on “Drug Utilization in the Treatment of Diabetes Mellitus in the Ministry of Health Facilities”.
This study focuses on examining the drug utilization pattern in the treatment of DM and adherence of DM patients towards their medication. The publication of this report is clearly relevant to current health situation in Malaysia as it highlights burden of disease across the country.
- 10675 reads