Lot 36, Jalan Universiti, 46200 Petaling Jaya, Selangor.
[ Location map ]
Phone: 603-7841 3200
Fax: 603-7968 2222
You are here
Qualifying Examination to Practice Pharmacy
The Qualifying Examination to Practice Pharmacy is pre requisite for registration with the Pharmacy Board of Malaysia (PBM).
CATEGORY OF APPLICANTS
The following groups of applicants are eligible to sit for the examination:
- Provisionally Registered Pharmacists (PRP) who are undergoing provisional training in Malaysia or
- Malaysian applicants with a qualification recognized by the PBM and have been registered in a foreign country and intend to get registered in Malaysia.
- Foreign registered pharmacists with a qualification recognized by the PBM and intend to apply for Temporary Registration in Malaysia.
- Third year pharmacy students, fourth year pharmacy students and graduated pharmacy students (who are awaiting for PRP posting) from a recognized pharmacy program.
- 100 Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) in open book format.
- All questions shall be answered within 3 hours and 30 minutes.
- Each question has four (4) options with a single correct response only.
- The passing mark is 50%.
- This exam contains negative marking. Right answer carries one mark and 0.25 negative mark for each wrong answer will be deducted. No marks will be deducted for questions not attempted.
- Candidates are allowed to refer to the relevant acts/regulations, Code of Conduct for Pharmacista and Bodies Corporate, references regarding Malaysian National Medicines Policy and Good Governance for Medicine.
- Malaysian Laws on Poisons &Sale of Drugs which consists of:
- Poisons Act 1952 & its Regulations
- Sale of Drugs Act 1952
- Control of Drugs and Cosmetics Regulations 1984
- Registration of Pharmacists Act 1951 & its Regulations
- Medicines (Advertisement and Sale) Act 1956 & its Regulations
- Dangerous Drugs Act 1952 and its Regulations
- Code of Ethics for Pharmacists 2018
- Malaysian Nasional Medicines Policy (DUNas) 2017-2021
- Good Governance for Medicine (GGM)
EXAMINATION DATE FOR 2021
30th March 2022
28th January 2022 (Friday)
29th April 2022 (Friday)
29thJune 2022 (Wednesday)
|6th May 2022 (Friday)||
29th July 2022 (Friday)
|23rd November 2022 (Wednesday)||30th September 2022 (Friday)||23rd December 2022 (Friday)|
For any inquiries on the examination, please contact:
- Puan Nur Husni binti Hamid
- Puan Hanisah binti Shafie
|Malaysian National Medicines Policy 3rd Edition 2017-2021||7.86 MB|
|Good Governance for Medicine||7.46 MB|
|Code of Ethics for Pharmacists 2018||798.2 KB|
|Guidance on the Code of Ethics for Pharmacists 2018||4.5 MB|
|Examination Application Form||330 KB|