- National Regulatory Conference 2018 (NRC 2018)
- NOTICE: NEW Terms in Advertisement Application for Approvals of MAB
- Guidelines on Conducting Research under Pharmaceutical Services Programme in Ministry of Health Malaysia
- Panduan Penggunaan Ubat-ubatan yang Mengandungi Unsur Tidak Halal
- 10th National Pharmacy R&D Conference 2018
Lot 36, Jalan Universiti, 46200 Petaling Jaya, Selangor.
[ Location map ]
Phone: 603-7841 3200
Fax: 603-7968 2222
You are here
Pharmacy Practice & Development
The Pharmacy Practice and Development Division is responsible for ensuring the quality of drug procurement and usage through effective pharmacy practice in order to improve pharmacy services in Malaysia to be on par with other developed countries.
Clinical & Technical Section
- Plan, coordinate and monitor pharmacy services provided in MOH hospitals and health clinics to ensure the preparation, supply and dispensing of medications are accurate and safe for patients.
- Plan, develop and coordinate pharmaceutical care services (such as medication counseling, MTAC and clinical pharmacy services) in MOH facilities.
- Formulate policies and guidelines related to pharmacy practice and monitor their implementation at the MOH facilities.
Formulary and Pharmacoeconomics Section
- Manage applications for drug listing into Ministry of Health Drug Formulary received from State/Hospital/Technical Working Drug Committee/MOH institution to be presented to MOH Drug List Review Panel
- Develop Malaysia Drug Code for all drugs registered and not registered with the Drug Control Authority (DCA)
- Manage Special Drug request requiring approval from Director General of Health (DG) and Senior Director of Pharmaceutical Services
- Conduct drug evaluation for formulary listing applications using pharmacoeconomic principles
Pharmaceutical Logistic Section
- Provide technical support to the MOH Procurement and Privatisation Division in managing medicine tenders and forecasting requirements for new tenders or tenders requiring renewal.
- Monitor the performance of services provided by concessionaire in the supply of drugs and non-drug under APPL in collaboration with MOH Procurement and Privatisation Division, State Health Department and the Ministry of Health institutions for service improvement.
- Collect and analyse procurement data for the purpose of planning and improvising the management of MOH pharmaceutical logistics while conforming to requirements of MOH Finance Division or other related agencies.
- Plan, coordinate and manage the development of procurement practices and store management in Ministry of Health institutions i.e. hospitals, district health office and health clinics .
- Assist the MOH Pharmaceutical Services Division in coordinating activities related to preparedness plans with MOH Disease Control Division which is conducted from time to time.
Medicine Prices Section
- Develop medicine price database based on information obtained from every level in the medicine distribution chain, as reference in the negotiation process and monitoring of medicine prices.
- Monitor and control activities related to medicine pricing.
- Develop policies, guidelines and Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) related to monitoring and control of medicine pricing and drug tariff development.
- Dissemination of information related to medicine prices to consumers and staff in Ministry of Health.
- Provide recommended retail price (RRP) reported by wholesaler to be used as a reference price in purchasing by the consumer
- Provide list of medicine prices for labelling of medicines supplied to outpatients in MOH facilities.
Pharmacy Board Section
- Manage applications for registration and deregistration of Pharmacists and Bodies Corporates.
- Manage applications for accreditation and recognition of pharmacy degree programmes in Higher Learning Institutions.
- Manage applications for approval of premises for provisional training.
- Coordinate and monitor Continuous Professional Development (CPD) points achieved for issuance of Annual Retention Certificate.
- Coordinate and conduct Pharmacy Jurisprudence Examination for purpose of pharmacist registration.
- Develop and monitor compliance of institutions to the Guidelines on Approval and Recognition of Pharmacy Degree Programme to assure the quality of graduates and the institutions offering pharmacy course.
Pharmacy Development Section
- Promote and improve the quality of the Pharmacy Services through Quality Assurance Program (QAP), Key Performance Indicators (KPI), Internal Audit Practice of Pharmacy (ADAF), Client's Charter and other quality improvement programs conducted at MOH level.
- Increase transparency and accountability and promote good governance for all local pharmaceutical sectors through the practice of Good Governance for Medicine (GGM).
- Monitor and coordinate activities related to development in MOH facilities.
- Improve and monitor the quality of studies and research done at the Pharmaceutical Services Division level.
- Monitoring issues related to pharmaceutical components in the application of ICT system in MOH facilities.
- Coordinate data for purpose of planning and management of Pharmacy Practice and Development Division.
- Coordinate the development and implementation of PhIS / CPS in all MOH pharmacy facilities.
Quality Use of Medicine Section
- Plan, monitor and analyse educational activities regarding medicines and provide access to drug information to the public.
- Educate the public regarding quality use of medicine in order to improve their knowledge and understanding regarding medicines hence promoting medication adherence and better treatment outcomes.
- Provide and disseminate accurate, relevant and unbiased medicine information to the public via articles, webpage and mass media.
- Improve public access to medicine information via National Pharmacy Call Centre (NPCC), Know Your Medicine portal and via online.
- Prepare modules and provide training on quality use of medicine to healthcare providers.
- Update the medication error database according to reports received from public and private health facilities nationwide.
- Analyse medication error data and prepare related reports.
- Develop policy/procedure as well as plan and coordinate activities regarding medication safety.