Lot 36, Jalan Universiti, 46200 Petaling Jaya, Selangor.
[ Location map ]
Phone: 603-7841 3200
Fax: 603-7968 2222
You are here
Issuance of Poison Licence Type A/ B/ E / Permit NaOH
Issuance of Type A/ B/ E Licence and NaOH/ Psychotropic Permit
Licence/Permit under the Poisons Act 1952 is issued by the Pharmacy Enforcement at State level.
- Type A Licence: issued to a pharmacist to import, store and deal generally all poisons by wholesale and retail or by wholesale only or by retail only.
- Type B Licence: issued to any person whom the Licensing Officer may consider to be fit and proper person to hold such licence, or issued to a responsible officer of a company incorporated under the Companies Act 1965 to import, store and sell by wholesale such poisons (not being a Group A Poison) as may be specified in such licence.
- Type E Licence: issued to any person who in the course of his business uses Sodium Hydroxide in such substantial quantity that the Licencing Officer deems it appropriate to issue to him a licence to import, store and use Sodium Hydroxide.
- Permit to Purchase, Store and Use Sodium Hydroxide (NaOH): issued to a person who purchase, store and use Sodium Hydroxide for the purpose as stated in the permit.
- Permit to Purchase and Use Psychotropic Substances (Buprenorphine & Methadone): issued to a registered medical practitioner to purchase and use psychotropic substances (Methadone and/or Buprenorphine) in the treatment of Opiod Replacement Therapy.
- Permit to Purchase and Use Psychotropic Substances (For industry): issued to a professional person or tradesman for the purpose of such person’s or tradesman’s profession or trade only.
- Permit to Purchase and Use Psychotropic Substances (For management of wildlife/ animal): issued to a person to purchase and use psychotropic substances for the management of wildlife/ animal.