Pharmaceutical Services Division, Ministry of Health Malaysia
Lot 36, Jalan Universiti, 46350 Petaling Jaya, Selangor.
[ Location map ]
Phone: 603-7841 3200
Fax: 603-7968 2222
You are here
Pharmacy Enforcement Division
Pharmacy Enforcement plays an important role to ensure that pharmaceuticals, traditional and cosmetics that are available in the market are genuine in terms of registration and notification. It also acts to ensure that the link of supply and marketing, advertising of the products (including the medical services) and its usage are managed and by complying the provisions of existing legislation. This is done via enforcement and prevention activities, control of licensing, monitoring activities and consumer awareness activities to reduce the demands for unsafe or hazardous products.
Ensuring all pharmaceutical and health products in the market are of quality, safe, efficacious and medicinal products and medical services advertisements comply to the rules and legislations enforced and also increase the consumers awareness on the usage of the registered products.
Intelligence and Operation
- Conduct intelligence based on the information received/gathered
- Conduct raids on the premises selling/supply/store/manufacture of unregistered products and un-notified cosmetics
- Conduct raids on the premises selling/supply/store/manufacture of poisons, psychotropic substances, chemicals and controlled medicines operating without a valid licence.
- Conduct audits on controlled medicines
Licensing and Control at Entry Point
- Processing licences/permits/authorizations which cover the activity of sale, use, import and export of poisons, dangerous drugs, psychotropic substances, controlled substances and chemical precursors.
- Conduct inspection on the premises licenced under the acts in force.
- Co-ordinate and monitor screening and inspection activities on imported products and controlled substances at the entry points.
- Co-ordinate and monitor licensing and inspection activities at the state level
- Conduct and regulate the activities of legislations involves gazette, amendments, updates the list of poisons and appointment of officers under the acts in force.
- Process the application for special exemptions to import unregistered products received from government institutions, private sector, institute of higher learning and research laboratories.
- Monitor the progress of inspection activities which involve pharmaceutical products, poisons and chemicals controlled under the acts in force.
- Conduct prosecution in the court in line with the acts in force
Advertisement and Innovation
- Process the applications of products and medical services advertisements
- Monitor advertisements advertised in the printed and electronic media to ensure compliance to the existing rules and legislations.
- Conduct investigation on cases involving advertisements of products and medical services
- Compile and co-ordinate enforcement statistics as well as monitor the activities involving quality and innovation of Enforcement Pharmacy
- Planning and co-ordinate the activities and training of Enforcement Pharmacy.
Protection and Consumer Awareness
- Co-ordinate and monitor the activities to increase the consumer awareness regarding the usage of registered products
- Co-ordinate and monitor Pharmacy Enforcement research and development activities (R&D)
- Conduct analysis on the sample of products available in the market, which is suspected of infringing the legal provisions in force.
- Prepare and publish materials related to the campaign for the Enforcement Pharmacy